Monday, September 14, 2009

09-09-09

PRELUDE by: Enya
Only Time:
Who can say where the road goes,
Where the day flows, only time?
And who can say if your love grows,
As your heart chose, only time?

Who can say why your heart sighs,
As your live flies, only time?
And who can say why your heart crieswhen your love lies, only time?
Who can say when the roads meet,That love might be ,in your heart?

and who can say when the day sleeps,and the night keeps all your heart?
Night keeps all your heart.....
Who can say if your love grows,As your heart chose, only time?
And who can say where the road goes where the day flows, only time?
Who knows? Only time
Who knows? Only time

09-09-09
For Adedayo Makinde


Thursday, 9th September 1999

Dear diary...dear diary? Sounds too ‘galish’...anyway Mr. diary!!! I know I might not fill you after 2 months because it is just not in my habit to write down my thoughts... and also with these Y2k millennium bug stuff who knows if Jesus might be here in December and we’d all be gone. So if I make it and you don’t, tell somebody about me...
Yada! Yada! Yada! Not much to say so bye for now.

Saturday, 9th September 2000

2:12 am and I can’t sleep. these days are so trying.
I seem to be stuck up against an unseen wall. Sort of like so many problems for ONLY me?
God help me tomorrow o abi its even today!!!
Still thinking about what dad said yesterday...i just pray I can disprove him.

Can somebody helllllllp!!!!!!!! If I ever get through today, I’d be grateful to God

Sunday, 9th September 2001

Went shopping for stuff for school today and got these nice Combat shirts ... dem go tire!
So grateful I got an admission eventually after all the wahala. Saw dad laughing today and can’t say I was happy he was, cos he never believed in me anyway.

Took some pictures with the guys and we all looked funny even though it was a good shot. Everyone says I take good pictures, maybe I’d be a photographer someday..not bad!! I heard pictures are the things you are served with when you enter girls' hostels.... ha ha... can’t wait to enter a girls hostel too...(idiot)

....its night, no light and I still can’t sleep. Am so happy, or is it excited? Abegi tomorrow come jo!

Monday, 9th September 2002

Lazing around today thanks to the public holiday. I stumbled on my old diaries. Can’t believe I wrote a lot of that stuff. 4 years? Wow! If I had been told I could keep a diary for 4 years I would have betted against myself...hmm interesting though. Just a lot of memories!

I am still smiling through a lot of the things i see here. Imagine ‘y2k’: passing Jamb was the biggest problem that can befall man!!! If I knew in Y2k that I would be taking Prof. Otus’ course, I for pray say make I no pass the JAMB (that man is a devil)

’03 was funny too, imagine me falling asleep with a love letter on my chest and dreaming of all that rubbish.... children will always be children (ha!ha daddyyyyyyyy)

Caught a bit of the September 11 terrorist attack last year on CNN.........those guys are reaaaaally mean!!! Ah!

Tuesday, 9th September 2003

How? I don’t know how! The pains in my arms and head are unbelievable. I had to ask moyo to bring my diary from school.
How did I not die? The other man in the funny shirt.. dead? Just like that! Why did God spare me? Even in my pains on this bed, how I appreciate life.... Thank you God. Thank you for saving me.

Thursday, 9th September 2004

It’s exactly one year since the accident on Benin-Ore. I still thank God!!!

School is on strike and people are just wandering about the whole place...a lot of people have gone home but I will wait in school....only dad and mum at home....boringggggggg

Why do some people like to hurt others? What Gloria said today reallllly hurt. I don’t think she knows. I wish I had my way, I would have shown her. I think she is just being a kid.......spoilt brat!!! She makes me miss S>H the more. Cant stop thinking about her even though I know I’ve got to read...you never know when these ASUU, NASU, ‘everything-SU’ will come to their senses

Friday, 9th September 2005

Whenever I see you my heart flutters,
You are made for me,
My soulmate, my everything
Never was a poet but now I write, never a lover but now I’m lost. I love you Franca



Saturday, 9th September 2006

Still suffering from the fatigue of graduation trips. I had to look around for Franca (Naughty girl); saw kolade too. I kinda feel bad he didn’t graduate with us. I guess our lives just follow different paths. What next? Service? A job? I am so anxious and so scared too. What if things don’t go the way I planned them?

Sunday, 9th September 2007

The visit to the orphanage today struck a chord of pity in me. I can still see the faces of the children. Full of hope yet unaware of what tomorrow holds. Wish I found some of my older diaries. I think I must have written a poem sometime about a lost child.....
I pray I become rich one of these days. Veeery rich that I can afford to take care of these children and give them opportunities might never have had Ii in life.

I really wished Franca was here with me she loves children more than I do. I pray we have lots of them......like 1 million........hahahah

Tuesday, 9th September 2008

Could not do much at work today.
Yesterday was just sooo crazy.

I wish I could take a forever break!! But I cant cos I need to get paid. Money buys the good life but I just feel like a rat in a maze these days (or maybe a hamster in a wheel...sort of like moving faster running round in circles....)

I have been asking myself of recent, Is God real? Or just a figment of our imaginations...life is sort of like meaningless....we are born, we struggle till we die.... fullstop! Vanity.

That reminds me! guess who I see on the VANITY show... Kolade Ajiboye. Guy from school who didn’t pass out with our set. he must have dumped Civil engineering for entertainment. I thinke he’s done well for himself. He looks like a biggg boy now! Chubbier (even though he didn’t grow any taller). he looks older too (who doesn’t?)

Wednesday, 9th September 2009

Its been 4 months.
Five years gone down the shafts just like that. Still can’t understand why she had to go. But I guess that is just the way it goes. I still miss her though. A lot!

Found my long lost friend on facebook. She is a photographer in the Himalayas......what a job? Wish I had the nerve to have followed my dreams... I remember vaguely I wanted to be a photographer once. Childhood fantasies!!!!!!! So bad all those dreams are dead.

Got to take the car to the mechanic.

Not a dime in the house, not a shred in the kitchen. I feel so alone....even the walls echo.

OIO

The irony of the life of a man is that he lives his life forward but can only read it backwards like the pages of a diary.
Only if he could see, he would know that today's anxiety is tomorrow's joke,
today's dream is tomorrow's memory and today's glory is tomorrow's past.

Then maybe, just maybe he would find pleasure in every moment, taking it as it comes and making the best of it.

2 comments:

  1. I....I am touched by this one....Lets include it please, as the last thing to be read.

    Thank you....I want to reach out but I don't know how.
    Thank you, it was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Email sis.
    Will speak with you later

    ReplyDelete